Under the direct supervision of the Finance Lead, the Finance Supervisor will be responsible for book-keeping, maintenance of the financial records, payments to the vendors and staff and provide logistical support for the finance team.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare vouchers, ledger posting, book-keeping, and financial reporting
- Complete bank reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Prepare the details of VAT and the corresponding documents for the periodic VAT reimbursement process.
- Oversee the petty cash account.
- Ensure timely payment of taxes and its reporting to the IRD and the Country Office.
- Oversee the sub-grants financial reports and trace the budget variances.
- Settlement of Regional Offices and Employees.
- Coordinate with HR Department to trace the documents related to finance.
- Oversee the timely payment of recurring expenses (supplies, utilities, communications, etc.)
- Financial monitoring with the regional offices and Local NGOs
- Intermediate degree in accounting with three years of experience in the relevant field or bachelor’s degree with 1 year of experience.
- Computer skills including spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of Income Tax Laws of Nepal
- Hands-on experience with FAMAS accounting software or ERP.
- Good spoken and written skills in both English and Nepali.